Hello bloggersphere! I want to start doing more posts in which I can open up and be more personal with my readers (that is the reason I started my blog in the first place)! I find it comforting to read my favorite bloggers and discover similarities between them and myself. Aspyn Ovard wrote a blog post where she wrote 12 Things and it was super cool to get a quick glimpse into what’s going on her life. I thought I’d give it a go!
- With my return to Sydney and start back up with classes since the semester break has ended, it’s been harder than I thought to get back into the swing of things. I have to admit (sorry Mom) that I did skip most of my lectures last week and have a long list of lectures I have to listen to online. I have made a conscious goal to attend all my classes this week and go to the gym every week day as well. Gotta get fit for bikini season here in Australia!
- There are 60 days until I return home to NJ. Less than half way there. Time is moving fast and all my weekends until my departure on December 10th are planned out. From cheer competitions to day trips to Sydney, I’ll be busy busy busy.
- Finals start November 13th. I only have two in-person finals, one for Marketing Fundamentals and one for my Climate Change class. My other two classes have final marks in the form of presentations. Grading at Macquarie is super rigorous, so I must admit that I am nervous.
- I really want to change my blog theme and update the website design. I love Aspyn Ovard‘s theme and Sartorial Scot. But I feel like I can’t update to a more sleek and professional appearance until my blog posts become more cohesive. What do you think?
- Should I change my blog name? My goal for this blog is emphasize travel, college and lifestyle. These areas of emphasis are all relevant in my life right now. I want to share my stories and give as much advice as I possibly can. As well as find a community of bloggers that I can relate to and create everlasting relationships. Young Adventuress recommends travel bloggers create a “title” that is an oversight for what the purpose of your blog is about. My name isn’t a brand. Or is it? How do I make it a brand and a reason for people to want to read what I have to say?
- My housemate let me borrow his copy of Russell Brand’s book “Recovery: Freedom From Our Addictions.” I love reading memoirs, especially written by my favorite celebrities. As someone who has (minor and not serious at all) addictions myself, I am hoping this book will be relatable and helpful!
- November 24th through 28th I’ll be in Melbourne for cheer nationals! I’m super excited to spend a weekend with the team and spend our two free days exploring the city!
- On November 28th, my Mom arrives in Sydney! We’ve been spending the past few days creating our itinerary for when she and my Aunt Jill arrive (she arrives on November 17th and is doing an AWESOME tour of Australia)! I am getting super super excited! We’re going to a show at the Sydney Opera House, a Shawn Mendes concert, Byron Bay and Hamilton Island to scuba dive at the Great Barrier Reef!
- Macquarie University’s campus is a fashion show. Girls are dressed 10/10 every. single. day. I’d say the overall fashion of Australia is hipster but unique and chic. I’ve been trying to keep up but always finding myself envying the impeccable style of my fellow college-mates.
- I’m missing my friends and family from home very much. Not enough to halt me from getting out of bed everyday, but enough to have me thinking about them most of the day and wishing they were here to experience my adventure abroad with me.
The days and weeks really are going by super fast. Everyday I have something planned out for the duration of my trip abroad. I’m a big planner and I love having events and fun things planned to look forward too. My exchange friends have told me I should be a travel planner! Maybe I’ll have to look into a part time job in that field when I get back to the states. 😉
Happy Wednesday!! Thanks for reading. Get notifications for when I post by subscribing via email below or following me on bloglovin!